Search This Beautiful Blog

Saturday 17 August 2013

The popularity game

So yes I know I am blogging a lot but its just that I feel very comfortable with blogging. So since I have not told you guys anything about me really I am thinking I will reveal something about myself in every blog. I am a so called "Youtuber". Personally I always though that the word youtuber never really fitted what I did/do because I'm not one of those that has 100,000 subscribers. I also always thought the word "youtuber" puts you into a category of certain people. Since my self-esteem had been destroyed on several occasions I always tried to fight being put into a category. To stand out and be proud of who I was. The youtube community I have to say did not make that very easy since really, yes all youtubers try to be different, but in the end aren't they all the same? Aren't we all trying to either fit in or to be different but then are always corrected to come back? It made me wonder:
"Is life just a competition?"
We are now competing for more than just popularity. We are competing for the 5 minutes of fame, for that one spot left at Uni, for that one chance to be somebody and do something meaningful. And it has slowly changed us into these creatures willing to sacrifice everything to be on top, because that is what is expected from us. To be on top of things.  The "popularity game" is a game that we all play. It is a thing we all know and are all a part of. And while playing we have no idea what it does to others. It made me think: Should I try to fit in or be one of those people that tries to stand out and be
Unique?


No comments:

Post a Comment