Search This Beautiful Blog

Sunday 18 August 2013

judged or judge?

Trying to write a song can be easy and hard. Just like life really. But finding a topic that will not only please yourself but also your audience...now that is a talent. Wandering through the streets of London I do often find some inspiration. But sitting down and just starting to write then again proves to be a challenge. Somehow the thought of people seeing me with my guitar just scares me. Aren't we all incredibly judgmental? But also at the same time aren't we all incredibly scared of being judged? Even the ones who say they don't somewhere still will feel insecure when they are all by themselves and a group (often girls) starts laughing and to look at you. It just makes me wonder:
"Are we all so scared of being judged that we become the judges?"
I knew I had to somehow find a way to be more self confident seeing how I am now slowly entering sixth form where (In England) we are now allowed to wear our own clothes, giving the bullies a new chance to pick on you. And in fact the challenge is not not to care but to not do the same to others in a moment of fear or jealousy. And while we all say that we are not the bullies and that we are not the judges when we think about we all are. Even in the tiniest of situations we somehow always seem to find something to say about someone. And then somehow I just knew what to do. I had to just change. Not because I was scared that people would not like me because of how I was now. But because when I change now and am confident in what I do now I know that no one will be able to take that away. Whilst when I do the same that I have been doing for many years now and something that I am not a 100% sure about...I know that the bullies and the judges will get to me. I am not saying we should all do this I just somehow have the confidence that for me it might work. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment