Search This Beautiful Blog

Monday 19 August 2013

GCSE results

Seeing how the GCSE results day is coming up (22nd) I thought it to be more than appropriate to talk about it. So here we go. I have now had multiple nightmares about the results day. However the worst thing about them wasn't the part where I failed all my exams it was the part where I woke up and realized I still had to get through the actual day. This has caused me to just dread it now. I mean really I am just not excited at all to see friends, teachers etc on that day....like at all. However I do remember feeling confident and in fact excited to see the results on the first day of summer. So why was I so nervous now? It made me wonder:
"did excitement turn into nervousness due to the passing of time?"
This just really made me angry and just dislike the schools for making us wait for more than 2 months for our results. I never really understood the actual point of making us wait so long! In other countries like the Netherlands they also had exams but they knew their results about 3 weeks later. Now I do have to say the exams there are not the equivalent of the GCSE's however still important. Together with many of my friends throughout the holiday our levels of nervousness had quadrupled. Then while cleaning my room I found my results for the mock GCSE exams that we did in December for which I had not prepared myself at all. Surprisingly I passed all subjects and even got the results I needed to do certain subjects at A-Level. At this moment the realization hit me. Indeed due to the passing of two months and the long wait for our results all of our self confidence in good results had decreased dramatically due to the nerves that were building up. Due to the schools or government or whoever making us wait for so long we were now all dreading an ordinary day. A day that really should just confirm that we were all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment