Search This Beautiful Blog

Sunday 20 July 2014

Society and Wars

I am currently in The Netherlands watching a debate about human privacy. The question is whether we want maximum privacy or maximum safety and whether we have to give up privacy to receive safety. It made me start thinking about the new rules in airports in England at the moment:

1. Laptops and phones need to be fully charged when travelling.
2. You need to be able to switch electronic devices on when asked to.

For someone like me who travels a lot I know this at times is impossible. For example,
I have been in school all day and leave at 3 pm to immediately go to the airport. My phone might be almost out of battery by the time I am going through checks as I have had no time to charge it. These new rules to me show that slowly we are becoming a distrusting society where because of mistakes made by others everyone suffers. War is slowly coming again. Russia is becoming more violent towards the Ukraine and is stretching the boundaries. And no one is really intervening as no one wants to deal with Russia and all of its problems. The Israelian army is bombing Gaza while they are also firing rockets towards Israel both ,now, also killing innocent civilians. A fifth of all casualties is children. A fifth. War is slowly coming again.

I personally believe society is falling apart. We do not trust and are constantly tip-toeing around trying not to provoke anyone. Our traumatised past containing WW1, WW2 and the cold war is still now restricting us from intervening from current issues, as we do not want another war. Society is falling apart and the worst part...there is nothing I can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment